TEMPORARY COVID 19 GUIDE TO CONSIGNING WITH US
Thank you for thinking of us during this time. We are currently accepting consignment drop-offs by appointment only!
- Pick a location & sign up on our Appointment Calendar or give us a call to request a same-day drop-off.
- If your new to consigning with us, fill out our Consignment Contract to submit prior to dropping off your items. Visit our Favorites list to get an idea of what we're looking for.
- All items must be bagged. Please make sure all items are freshly washed, free of damage, excessive wear. No hangers please!
- Call when you park your car.
- We will meet you at the door to take your bags in.
- Once your items have been processed, will email you with a price list for the items we took. You will then have the option to donate any unaccepted items or arrange a time to pick them up.
Interested in consigning with us?
Is your closet stocked with fabulous luxury and designer apparel that you no longer wear? Consign your clothing, handbags, shoes and accessories to earn cash or trade for something new. Giving things a new life in our store and your closet is a simple and effective practice in sustainability. We know there are plenty of people who care about the world as much as they care about their wardrobe, which is why resale is so important to us!
Fill out our Consignment Contract to get started.
REVITALIZE YOUR ENTIRE WARDROBE
If you're not local, you can ship us your consignments for FREE! Just send your information and a brief list of the items you'd like to consign, and we can send you a consignor shipping kit. Contact us here
Why consign with us?
- We have over ten years of experience selling designer clothing, shoes & accessories on e-Bay, plus a small team of experts in fashion and fashion merchandising.
- We will work to determine the best selling strategy for your items. We have two boutiques in Portland, Oregon. We also sell many items online. In addition to selling on our website, we also sell on eBay. Our established and trusted eBay seller ID has over 20 thousand visitors a month.
- In person, our attention to detail provides a fun and enjoyable shopping experience for our customers.
- Giving things a new life in our store and your closet is a simple and effective practice in sustainability. We know there are plenty of people who care about the world as much as they care about their wardrobe, which is why resale is so important to us.
Guidelines to help as you prepare your items for sale
We specialize in designer and luxury clothing, shoes, purses, and jewelry such as: Ace & Jig, Alexander Wang, Anthropologie, Adriano Goldschmied, Alice + Olivia, Burberry, Chloe, Current/Elliott, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Frye, Ferragamo, Gucci, Icebreaker, Inhabit, Jimmy Choo, Kate Spade, Lululemon, Louis Vuitton, Marni, Missoni, Pendleton, Prairie Underground, Prada, Rag + Bone, Theory, Tom Ford, Velvet, Vince and so many more.
We also accept a limited number of mainstream brands such as: J. Crew, Madewell, etc.
We generally do not accept any items by the following designers: Forever 21, Banana Republic, Gap, Abercrombie, LOFT Ann Taylor, Jones New York, Polo, Coldwater Creek, Anne Klein, Liz Claiborne, Chico’s, etc.
We will double check everything when we receive the items, and will not sell or consign any items that are not in acceptable condition. Items that do not meet these requirements or go unsold will be returned at the consignors expense, or can be donated if you wish.
- New or gently worn designer brands
- Current styles that fit our niche market
- In immaculate condition (no rips, tears or stains)
- 100% Authentic & Genuine If you aren't sure if we take certain designers check out our favorite brands list or contact us for clarification.
Drop it off or ship it
Read through the Terms & Condition stated on the Consignment Contract and submit it. We can not accept any consignments until it has been fully completed.
Drop it off: Schedule an appointment to drop off your consignment items.
Ship it: Just send your information and a brief list of the items you'd like to consign, and we can send you a consignor shipping kit. Contact us here. We will get back to you as soon as possible letting you know what you should ship. We'll also send you shipping instructions along with a pre-paid kit. That means absolutely no out-of-pocket cost for you! Make sure items are packed up safe and secure. We will insure your shipment, but can not be held responsible for damage due to poor packing.
Once we receive your items we will go through and select the items we will believe will sell. We will email you with price-list and let you know if there are items we did not accept.
Items are consigned for a period of approximately 120 days. During the period, monthly price reductions occur. At the end of the consignment period, or if we decide that we will not accept any of your items to sell, we will email you asking if you would prefer to pick them up or have us donate them for you.
Pricing & Commission
Prices are set by Modo Boutique unless otherwise requested. Payouts are based on the percentage scale below:
Final Sale of Item
Less than $100 - Consignor Percentage: 40%
$100-$300 - Consignor Percentage: 50%
$300 and above - Consignor Percentage: 60%
How & When Will I get paid:
- Come in to use some or all as store credit or shop online (select Store Credit at checkout)
- Request a Payout via PayPal or Paper Check ($1 fee per payout)
*Store Credit can be used immediately after something sells and is worth 10% more than PayPal/Check payout. Paypal & Checks can be issued anytime after our 14 day return period has passed. Your balance with us never expires!